18 déc. 2017
The CNRS Délégation Languedoc-Roussillon is seeking a part-time European Project Manager (50% FTE) responsible for the implementation and management of a 4 years EU project, funded under the 8th EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020).
POLYPHEM – Small-Scale Solar Thermal Combined Cycle is a collaborative research project (Low Carbon Energy) coordinated by Mr Alain FERRIERE, researcher at the PROMES research unit (Procédés, Matériaux et Energie Solaire). The project brings together a consortium of 9 partners, from the academic and non-academic sectors, established in 4 European countries (CNRS, CEA and EURONOVIA in France, CIEMAT and ARRAELA SL in Spain, Fraunhofer ISE, Kaefer Isoliertechnik GmbH & Co. KG and Orcan Energy GmbH in Germany and Aalborg CSP AS in Denmark).
The main objective of POLYPHEM is to improve the flexibility and the performance of small-scale Concentrated Solar Power plants by building a 60 kW prototype plant with a 2 MWh thermal storage unit, validate this innovative power cycle in a relevant environment (experimental platform Thémis in Targasonne, Pyrénées-Orientales, France), assessing its performances and establishing the guidelines for its commercial deployment.
Working side by side with the scientific coordinator of the project, the EPM will assist him in the project coordination. He/she will coordinate the exchanges within the consortium and facilitate the consortium’s overall management in conformity with the Grant Agreement and the Consortium Agreement. These responsibilities include a wide set of tasks related to the organisational, administrative, financial and legal management of the project.
- Project coordination
- Assist the scientific coordinator in the supervision and implementation of the project, and in following the project work plan
- Develop and implement project management tools (e.g., procedures, guidelines, templates, collaborative platform, etc.);
- Organize the consortium meeting and prepare the minutes ;
- Coordinate the exchanges within the network, facilitating communication between partners ;
- Act, in collaboration with the relevant services of the Regional Delegation of CNRS, as an intermediary between the consortium and the European Commission (Innovation and Networks Executive Agency).
- Administrative management
- Support the partners with the project administrative aspects, particularly in the application of rules and procedures specific to the Horizon 2020 ;
- Follow-up the production of deliverables and contribute to the drafting of the periodic reports.
- Financial management
- Budget monitoring (breakdown and transfer of funds, update and follow-up of the budget, internal financial reports, etc.);
- Coordinate the preparation, consolidation and submission of financial reports, working closely with the CNRS Regional Delegation, within the deadlines set by the European Commission;
- Ensure that all documents needed for justifying expenses are correctly defined and archived by each partner, anticipating the possibility of future audits.
- Legal support
- Ensure that the consortium meets its obligations under the Grant Agreement and the Consortium Agreement;
- Follow-up and update (amendments) contractual documents.
- Conduct internal communication measures (dissemination of information, animation of the collaborative platform, etc.);
- Participate in external communication measures (writing press releases/contents of the public part of the project website, etc.);
- Raise awareness among the partners about the importance of results dissemination, gender equality and the link Science-Society ;
- Participate in the elaboration of the project Data Management Plan and ensure its good implementation.
- Master degree or equivalent, including training in European projects management;
- Knowledge of the European Commission management rules associated with the Horizon 2020 framework programme;
- Knowledge of the organization and functioning of the French public research (call for tenders, public procurements etc.);
- Good working knowledge of administrative and financial management;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English (a third language, German or Spanish, would be a plus)
- Good knowledge and command of project management tools (spreadsheets, planning tools);
- Disciplined mind, strong organizational skills (activity to be organized on a part time contract);
- Ability to take initiative, dynamism, reactivity and autonomy;
- Teamwork abilities, particularly in an multicultural context ;
- Experience in the management of European or International projects highly appreciated;
- Skills in communication and organization of events appreciated ;
- Good writing and synthesis abilities are essential;
- A scientific or technical background in the field (solar energy, electrical production, thermal industrial process) would be a plus.
- The position will start on the 1st April 2018.
- Contract duration: 4 years fixed-term contract (48 months), part time (50% FTE)
- Location : Odeillo site of the PROMES research unit, 7 rue du four solaire, 66120 Font-Romeu (France), Thémis site in Targasonne (66120)
- This position requires frequent travels within Europe and beyond
- Driving license is indispensable and personal vehicle highly recommended for journeys between home and office.
- Salary: in accordance with CNRS pay grids, level « ingénieur d’études », fixed-term contract, index according to experience (0-3 years or 3-5 years).
- Specific conditions: access to the restaurant service of the PROMES research unit in Odeillo as CNRS staff.
Complete applications (covering letter and detailed CV) in French or in English have to be sent be email to: AND
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION: 5 February 2018
Candidates will be informed about the outcome of their application on 13 February 2018. Individual interviews of the shortlisted candidates will take place from 19 February 2018.